Top critical review
UNSAFE PRODUCT FIRE HAZARD
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 1 February 2021
I bought this product as a gift for my husband. He is religious in his routine, he plays for a while and then rotates charged battery into the controller and leaves the other on charge after having been used. Last night was no different he put the used battery on charge at around midnight and turned off his Xbox. However when he arrived home after work, it started with a strong smell of plastic and a hissing and spitting noise coming from the battery pack. He came to look at it and the heat coming off of the pack burnt him, he managed to disconnect the pack from the the connector and take it away from me and our furniture.
The battery continued to spit and hiss, the plastic continued to bubble and was clearly liquid in form.
My husband has some knowledge about such things, his theory is that during the charging the battery swelled, resulting in the terminals fusing together meaning their shorted causing the pack to being to melt.
I would have given this product a zero out of 5 but this is sadly not an option. Had we been asleep and the fire mentioned events continued this would have not only ruined his controller but potentially our home and our lives. This requires a product recall, no excuse for faulty products with potentially very serious implications. 0 out of 5.. UNSAFE PRODUCT.