Top positive review
After 2 weeks of intense use...
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 28 February 2019
I'm writing this review after two weeks of intense use, and I aim to update it six months down the line too.
After these two weeks during which I walked over 80KM in these boots, and spent close to 12 hours or so standing on my feet with a heavy backpack, here are my likes and dislikes:
1. Very comfortable boots straight out the box- I did have to break them in a little bit, but they weren't unduly uncomfortable till I did. Better experience so far than with most of my other shoes to date, some of which were much more expensive.
2. Fit perfectly- I'm a size 10UK, and that's what I ordered. The boots fit perfectly, even though my feet are slightly wider than normal size 10(s).
3. Remain comfortable after very long walks- The boots remain comfortable even after walking 15KM or more. I haven't experienced any foot fatigue so far, and no foot pain at all.
4. Thick and grip well- I haven't felt any sharp stones or such on my walks, even in areas where I would have with previous pairs. The boots have an amazing grip, and didn't slip even when crossing slick stones over a brook. I was the only one of the group who got through without issues, so that speaks for itself.
5. Warm and waterproof- They aren't kidding about that. The shoes are warm yet ventilated, and completely waterproof (so far). I even splashed around in a few puddles and walked through some wet mud to test that, and my feet were dry inside.
6. Easy to put on and take off- Unlike some other boots I've had, these are easy to slip on and off.
1. Laces slip easily- The laces on the boots tend to come loose/undone at least once or twice a day, no matter how tightly I knot them up or which knots I use. They're easy to take off after a long day, true, but it's a bit of an inconvenience the rest of the time.
That's it from me for now, I'll be back in 6 months to update this review (if I remember to). As of right now, I give these a huge thumbs up!