Walker & Hawkes - Mens Classic Scottish Harris Tweed Herringbone Overcheck Country Blazer Jacket - Royal Blue
Free Returns on some sizes and colours
- Three Genuine Leather Button Cuff
- 100% Pure Virgin Wool
- 100% Pure Virgin Wool
- Dry Clean Only
- Fastening: Button
- Long Sleeve
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Walker & Hawkes - Men's Harris Tweed Mayfield Blazer
Why Choose Our Harris Tweed Blazer?
- 100% Authentic Harris Tweed - hand-woven in the Western Isles of Scotland. Known as one of the most luxurious fabrics in the world.
- Durable - tweed is woven extremely tight so is very durable. It can be bent over 20,000 times without breaking.
- Renewable source - the sheep grow their woollen fleece back every year so it is a renewable source. Wool production also creates a low amount of carbon emissions.
- Water-Resistant - it is water-resistant as it can absorb up to 30% of its weight in moisture without soaking through. This also helps absorb perspiration to keep you cool during Summer months.
- Suitable for all weathers - wear with a shirt during the summer or pair with our matching waistcoat during the winter.
- Resistant to creases and wrinkles - you won’t have to worry about your tweed garment creasing or wrinkling due to its natural elasticity.
- Your blazer will be dispatched quickly and safely in a protective box with a Harris Tweed cover and hanger.
- Available in Clinton Brown, Steel Grey, White Sand, and Royal Blue.
- Matching waistcoat, gloves and hats available.
- Suitable for a wide range of uses, including: shooting, hiking, fashion, outerwear, races, weddings, formal occasions and more!
How to Measure Yourself
Once you have the size you noted down from the section on the left, refer below to find your perfect size!
- 55.5CM = 38"
- 58CM = 40"
- 60.5CM = 42"
- 63CM = 44"
- 65.5CM = 46"
- 68CM = 48"
- 70.5CM = 50"
- 73CM = 52"
- 75.5CM = 54"
Refer to our full size guide in our product photos for further ways to measure yourself
Why is it Important?
Properly measuring your blazer size can ensure you get the perfect fit you need when wearing Harris Tweed!
How to and what you will need
You will need:
- a measuring tape
- or a piece of string and a ruler
1) Keep your arms down by your side and wrap the measuring tape or piece of string beneath your arms around the fullest part of your chest.
2) Mark the spot where the two ends meet around your chest (ensure it is firmly wrapped around for the most accurate measurement)
If you are using a measuring tape, note down the measurement in centimetres.
If you are using a string, straighten out the string that was wrapped around your head and measure using the ruler in CM.
A gentleman’s classic. Whether in the town or country - our Mayfield Blazer will fit the bill.
Excellent craftsmanship - all the way from the hand-woven tweed to the manufacturing process. We have meticulously designed this jacket for style whilst ensuring durability and quality is maintained.
Harris Tweed is a premium fabric hand-made in Scotland from pure virgin wool - meaning it has never been used before. It is widely considered one of the most luxurious fabrics in the world and is the only fabric actually protected by legislation to ensure top quality is maintained. According to the act, Harris Tweed must be: "Handwoven by the islanders at their homes in the Outer Hebrides, finished in the Outer Hebrides, and made from pure virgin wool dyed and spun in the Outer Hebrides.” They are located in the North of Scotland, in the islands of Lewis, Harris, Uist and Barra.
Every 50m produced has to be inspected by a member of the Harris Tweed Authority before it is hand-stamped and sent away for use. So if you are buying any Harris Tweed product, you can be sure it will be hand-crafted to perfection!
A classic, regular fit jacket which is naturally weighted to keep you warm during those outdoor occasions. Single breasted with two leather button fastening, this blazer can be worn as a casual jacket or formally with a shirt and tie.
We have a selection of colours available. Choose an earthy colour which beautifully captures the aura of the Scottish landscape. Or go for a more contemporary look with our more vivid colourways.
Complete the stylish country look with our other Harris Tweed garments. Matching waistcoats, gloves and hats available.
A Brief History of Harris Tweed
Harris Tweed was first woven as a necessity in the 1800s. People wanted to create a fabric which was warm and durable, to help workers in the cold climate of Scotland. It ended up becoming so useful, people started using it as currency to buy things like food and rent!
As Alexander 6th Earl of Dunmore inherited the Isle of Harris, mainland manufacturers turned to machines to craft their Tweed. The islanders in the Outer Hebrides maintained their traditional hand process. Unfortunately, Alexander passed away in 1843, leaving the responsibility of the Hebridean Island to his wife, Lady Catherine Herbert.
Lady Catherine was a driving factor in the popularity of Harris Tweed. She saw the potential this fabric had and committed herself to sell it to her wealthy friends.
Harris Tweed quickly became highly sought after by high-class social circles.
Since then, Harris Tweed has become a global success. It is used by almost everyone, from royalty and Hollywood icons to farmers and outdoorsmen.
- Outer fabric is 100% Pure Virgin Wool
- Internal lining is made from 100% satin
- Single breasted with 2 leather button fastening
- Side vents
- 2 front pockets with flaps
- 4 interior pockets
- 3 genuine leather button cuff
- Spare leather buttons included
- Harris Tweed stamp on left sleeve cuff
Complete the Harris Tweed Look!
Men's Harris Tweed Waistcoat
Harris Tweed Baseball Cap
Harris Tweed Gloves
Harris Tweed Flat Cap