- Buy this product and stream 90 days of Amazon Music Unlimited for free. E-mail after purchase. Conditions apply. Learn more
Other Sellers on Amazon
Add Extra Protection? Check if this cover meets your needs
from London General Insurance Company Ltd. £13.59
- From the moment your product’s delivered it will be covered for accidental damage and any mechanical/electrical faults not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. Cover is for UK residents who are over 18 years old.
- No added costs when making a claim; no excess to pay or any charges for parts, labour or callout.
- Easy to make a claim by phone or email. If your product can’t be repaired, it will either be replaced or we’ll issue an Amazon e-gift card to the value of a replacement.
- Cancel anytime: Full refund within 45 days if no claim has been made, pro-rated refund thereafter less claim costs.
- For full product description, please read the Insurance Product Information Document and policy terms and conditions by following the link(s) provided. Please note that another insurance product which has different terms might be available on our website when accessed on a laptop or desktop PC.
Nintendo Switch Lite - Grey
|You Save:||£11.50 (6%)|
- 5.5″ touch screen
- Handheld-only Switch device
- Compatible with Nintendo Switch games that support Handheld mode
- Battery Life : Approximately 3 – 7 hours *The battery life will depend on the games you play. For instance, the battery will last approximately 4 hours for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
- Joy-Con controllers not included
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Product detailsPlatform For Display:Grey | Edition:Console
- Batteries : 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)
- Rated : Not PEGI rated
- Product Dimensions : 8.5 x 22.5 x 11.2 cm; 1 Kilograms
- Release date : 20 Sept. 2019
- ASIN : B07SMRJVY7
- Item model number : Nintendo201940
- Delivery information:: We cannot deliver certain products outside mainland UK ( Details). We will only be able to confirm if this product can be delivered to your chosen address when you enter your delivery address at checkout.
- Best Sellers Rank: 161 in PC & Video Games (See Top 100 in PC & Video Games)
- Customer reviews:
The console for gamers on the go, Nintendo Switch Lite is a compact, lightweight addition to the Nintendo Switch family with integrated controls.
Nintendo Switch Lite supports all Nintendo Switch software that can be played in handheld mode. It’s ideal for people who have lots of opportunities to play outside and also for anyone who wants to play online or local wireless multiplayer with friends or family who already own a flagship Nintendo Switch console.
As a dedicated handheld gaming device, Nintendo Switch Lite does not support output to a TV.
From the manufacturer
Handheld Nintendo Switch gaming at a great value
Introducing Nintendo Switch Lite, a version of the Nintendo Switch system that’s optimised for personal, handheld play. Nintendo Switch Lite is a small and light Nintendo Switch system at a great value. With a built-in +Control Pad, and a sleek, unibody design, Nintendo Switch Lite is great for on-the-go gaming. If you’re looking for a gaming system all your own, Nintendo Switch Lite is ready to hit the road whenever you are.
Dedicated to handheld play
Nintendo Switch Lite supports all Nintendo Switch software that can be played in handheld mode. It’s great for people who have lots of opportunities to play outside, and also for anyone who wants to play online or local wireless multiplayer with friends or family who already own a Nintendo Switch console.
Compact and Lightweight
The console for gamers on the go.
Nintendo Switch Lite is a compact, lightweight addition to the Nintendo Switch family, with integrated controls.
It’s easy to take your favourite games with you.
|Nintendo Switch||Nintendo Switch OLED Model||Nintendo Switch Lite|
|Colour||Neon Red / Neon Blue||White||Yellow|
|Play Modes||TV Mode, Tabletop, Handheld||TV Mode, Tabletop, Handheld||Handheld Mode|
|Compatible Games||All Nintendo Switch Games||All Nintendo Switch Games||Handheld Supported Games|
|Joy-Con Controllers Included||✓||✓|
|Nintendo Switch Dock||Output via HDMI cable in TV mode.||Output via HDMI cable in TV mode. LAN port for use in TV mode.||Does not support output to a TV and is not compatible with the Nintendo Switch dock.|
|Size||102mm x 239mm x 13.9mm||102mm x 242mm x 13.9mm||91.1mm x 208mm x 13.9mm|
|Screen||6.2 inch LCD||7-inch OLED||5.5 inch LCD|
|Weight||Approx. 297g (With Joy-Con controllers attached: 398g)||Approx. 320g (With Joy-Con controllers attached: 420g)||Approx. 275g|
|Storage||32 GB||64 GB||32 GB|
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Suffice to say the Lite is a handheld only variant that loses a few features that made the Switch, well, Switch. Most notably, the Lite is handheld only - there's no dock, and it is incompatible with the existing dock due to the smaller form factor. There's no removable Joy Cons, and the screen is slightly smaller.
Whilst this does sound a bit negative, to me the Lite is the perfect Switch. It has a proper D-pad, it fits perfectly in your hands and is very comfortable to use for hours at a time. The battery life is also good, and it is compatible with most of the Switch Library. I say "most", because games such as 1-2 Switch and ARMs, that require the Joy Cons to be separated can't be used due to the fixed controls. Technically, you could buy a set of Joy Cons and connect those if you really wanted to play those games, but then if you did, you'd buy a Switch wouldn't you? It's also not compatible with Labo, as this is designed around the larger dimensions of the full fat Switch.
I've always viewed the Switch as an excellent handheld, but mediocre home console, therefore the handheld only Lite really plays to its strengths. The screen, albeit smaller, is pin sharp and offers great viewing angles, and the inbuilt speakers are also great, but could do to be a touch louder.
As a huge fan of handhelds, and as someone who thinks the Vita is one of the best handhelds ever made, the Lite really does feel like a successor, even though it's actually by a different company. The idea of playing fully featured, full size games on the go was realised with the launch of the original Switch, but this is refined further with the Switch Lite.
So I love it then, and don't miss the lack of some features, as I never used the dock anyway, as it just looks horrible on a big screen next to PS4 Pro. So why 3 stars? This is because I am already onto my second Lite. The first one suffered from the dreaded left stick drift in less than a week, so I returned to Amazon for a replacement, who got a new one to me within a couple of days. So far with my replacement it's playing well, but does cast doubt as to the long term reliability of the device, so for now I am being cautiously optimistic and I advise anyone thinking of buying into the Lite, to also approach with an element of caution.
Impressive battery life - several hours of gameplay at even the highest brightness settings
Plenty of accessories and protectors to your heart's content
Great games selection so you're never stuck for long.
I'd recommend picking up a carrying case and a portable battery to improve quality of life - there are several cases on Amazon with slots for game cartridges as well as ample room for my 30,000mAh battery pack.
if the original switch was too much for you I can't recommend this console enough - it's utterly fantastic.