- Buy this product and stream 90 days of Amazon Music Unlimited for free. E-mail after purchase. Conditions apply. Learn more
Other Sellers on Amazon
Minecraft (Nintendo Switch)
- Minecraft is a game about placing blocks and going on adventures; Explore randomly generated worlds and build amazing things from the simplest of homes to the grandest of castles
- Play in creative mode with unlimited resources or mine deep into the world in survival mode, crafting weapons and armor to fend off the dangerous mobs
- Play on the go in handheld or tabletop modes
- Includes Super Mario Mash-Up, Natural Texture Pack, Biome Settlers Skin Pack, Battle & Beasts Skin Pack, Campfire Tales Skin Pack
- Compatible with Nintendo Switch only
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Product detailsPlatform:Nintendo Switch | Edition:Standard
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Rated : Ages 7 and Over
- Language : English
- Product Dimensions : 19 x 13.5 x 3 cm; 100 Grams
- Release date : 21 Jun. 2018
- ASIN : B07DG77KPX
- Item model number : 221397
- Country of origin : Japan
- Best Sellers Rank: 16 in PC & Video Games (See Top 100 in PC & Video Games)
- Customer reviews:
1 Game Card
From the manufacturer
Minecraft is a game about placing blocks and going on adventures. Explore randomly generated worlds and build amazing things from the simplest of homes to the grandest of castles. Play in creative mode with unlimited resources or mine deep into the world in survival mode, crafting weapons and armour to fend off the dangerous mobs.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I watch my 11 year old and 4 year old play it with ease- and I sit there all confused wondering why I spent so much money on a switch- with magnificent graphics- for them to play a game that looks like it came out in the early 90's?
That doesn't even really seem to have a point or story line or even a goal to work towards?
What I will base it on- is the fact that it keeps them quiet, makes them happy and they actually get along while playing it together.
Its a miracle!!!!!
My main reason for buying this again was basically due to my five year old daughter. She’s itching to play games but all of the ones I’ve purchased so far have been too difficult for her to fully grasp on her own. Minecraft has been perfect, in a short space of time she was showing me features I didn’t know existed (its come a long way from its humble beginnings).
The negatives for me is you’re paying a premium for a version that is probably the most technically inferior. The draw distance is okay, and probably akin to my old 360, however, I would expect the Switch to do better. There also seems to be lots of extras that are locked - not sure if you earn these or if you can only buy them (I’m guessing it’s the latter). That being said, it does come with a free Super Mario themed world which we haven’t tried yet.
The positives are seeing my little girls face light up as she plays, watching her improve her dexterity and getting to build things together with her in 2-player mode. For me, these factors far outweigh the negatives and have prevented me from becoming bored as I did during previous iterations.
There is something for everyone in this game. I love the fact you have a choice in how you play the game. Either in creative to create your own world with unlimited possibilities, or survival where you work your way up, make things with what you find and fight off monsters. I really do think that my nieces have benefited from the creativity of this game!
By A Hulewicz on 6 September 2020
Also, it's a no brainer to buy the cartridge version for the same price as the e-shop
Other than that, it's flawless