|Material composition||Magnesium alloy, stainless steel, bio-based plastic (bioplastic)|
|Number of items||1|
|Sport||Camping & Hiking, Outdoor Lifestyle|
|Included components||FiresSteel Army|
|Brand||Light my Fire|
|Manufacturer||Light My Fire|
|Item model number||2111001210|
|Product Dimensions||23.11 x 8.38 x 2.54 cm; 62 Grams|
Light my Fire Ferro Rod - Flint and Steel Kit - Magnesium Fire Starter Kit - Swedish Fire Steel BIO Army - 12 000 Strikes - 2 in 1 Fire Starting Kit & Emergency Whistle - Outdoor Flint Fire Starter
|Price:||£19.00 & FREE Returns|
Apply 5% voucherDetails
5% voucher applied.
Voucher valid until Sunday, 5 December 2021 or while stocks last. Details
Sorry. You are not eligible for this voucher.
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enhance your purchase
|Brand||Light my Fire|
|Item weight||62 Grams|
About this item
- A VERY PRACTICAL FLINT FIRE STARTER - The flint striker allows you to easily light a fire or a fireplace, in all weathers and at any altitude. Ideal for campfires, barbecues, camping vacations or as an emergency outdoor accessory. Add it to your survival kit and bring it with you whenever enjoying the outdoor with your friends and family. The flint and steel is easy to use for children as well.
- A RELIABLE FIRE STRIKER - These ferro rods in different colors where first developed for the Swedish Military Forces and was later on available for anyone to purchase. They work at any altitude, in any weather, even when wet. Thanks to the emergency whistle, integrated in the scraper, you are ready for any adventure. These survival firestarters are trusted by military forces, who demands nothing else than quality and functionality.
- A MAGNESIUM FIRE STARTER KIT WHICH IS EASY TO USE - Scrape off the protective color of the fire starter rod and then firmly push the striker over the rod. In just a second you'll create thousand of 2980 degrees (5396 Fahrenheit) hot sparks. The fire starter rod is designed so that the user has a firm and safe grip when pushing the striker over the rod. The Army version is a large ferro rod, compared to its little brother Scout version, and it lasts 12000 strikes.
- PACKAGE CONTENT - 1 x Swedish FireSteel Bio Army 2in1" (with integrated emergency whistle) - bound with a cord (1.76 Onces, 3 inch). This ferro rod striker is 100% waterproof, flame retardant and safe for travel. Several colors available: Coco, Orange or Black. Made from 100% biobased plastic and BPA free.
- A BUSHCRAFT FIRE STARTER MADE IN SWEDEN - Light My Fire is a Swedish brand that create products that reconnect us with nature, wherever we are. No matter which you choose, its design, color, and function are just as attractive and work in town as they do in the wild. All plastic parts from our are made from bio-based plastics - for a more sustainable future.
Frequently bought together
WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF LIGHT MY FIRE
At the heart of our company we have one purpose; to create products that reconnect us with nature, wherever we are. We combine design and functionality with the joy of adventure and new experience.
From lunch breaks in local parks, to meals whilst hiking in vast forests. From family grills in city gardens to cooking on the peaks of mountain ranges, our dream remains the same: To enjoy the beauty of the outdoors, to think of generations to come, to encourage the exploration of forgotten skills and to rediscover, the art of fire.
LETS TALK MATERIALS
Sustainability may well be a buzzword but what does it actually mean? For Light My Fire the answer is simple. It is the potential to balance our needs and aspirations without the negative exploitation of the environment.
A sustainable approach to materials, transportation, production, CSR, design and distribution creates a positive and vibrant business model where sustainability itself is a resource.
MADE IN SWEDEN, SUSTAINABILITY, AND DESIGN
Winters are long and summers are quite often chilly in Sweden. And yet, we Swedes love spending time outdoors, in the woods, on the beach, in the mountains. We’re blessed with a country that isn’t just breathtakingly beautiful and varied, it’s also open to everybody. This makes us very aware of nature - and the environment - from an early age.
Swedish design has always been known for quality combined with functionality. At Light My Fire we’re doing our very best to continue this tradition and develop new exciting products that let you make the most of the outdoors, whether you’re in the city or far from civilization.
First developed for the Swedish Department of Defense, the legendary Swedish FireSteel fire starter is the original magnesium alloy fire starter. The Swedish FireSteel fire starter offered the first viable solution to the challenges of starting fires at high-altitudes and in low temperatures. With its ability to ignite flammable gas or liquid directly, the Swedish FireSteel fire starter is perfect for traditional alcohol and modern gas stoves. This has led to its adoption by numerous military units around the world. Manufactured in Sweden by Light My Fire, the fire starter has evolved with design improvements including a precision stainless steel striker, ergonomic handle, and a built-in emergency whistle.
HOW IT WORKS
The Swedish FireSteel fire starter is composed of two basic parts – the rod and the striker. The rod is made from a high-quality pyrophoric alloy containing metals that include iron, magnesium, lanthanum and cerium. The striker is made of stainless steel and has a precise edge grind developed to deliver maximum spark. By scraping the striker against the rod, the friction ignites tiny shavings of metal, converting them to oxides and generating bright, high-temperature sparks.The notable difference between the Swedish FireSteel fire starter and similar friction-based fire starters, often called Ferro cerium rods is the proprietary hardening process of the alloy, which produces a high-grade material that achieves durability without sacrificing consistency.
HOW TO START A LIGHT MY FIRE FIRE
1. Collect small sticks, bark and other kindling. The smaller the better, as it will be easier to light.
2. Arrange into a small pile.
3. Take out your Swedish FireSteel or Swedish FireKnife, with a built-in FireSteel.
4. Use paper, birch-bark or ideally take out your TinderSticks or Tinder-on-a-rope, made from farmed Honduran pine, scrape some shavings and arrange them among the kindling. With 80% resin, it is the optimal ignition fuel that will burn extremely hot and slow – and can also withstand moisture and water.
5. Carefully build up the fire, first with small sticks and then gradually increase its size. Ensure the fire has enough oxygen and be patient.
ADVANTAGES AND APPLICATIONS
The primary advantage of a Swedish FireSteel fire starter over other fire starting tools is reliability in any situation. The Swedish FireSteel fire starter is robust and requires no flints, lighter fluid, batteries or replacement parts.
A Swedish FireSteel fire starter will work in harsh conditions, like extreme cold, where gas does not vaporize easily, making it difficult to light. It also offers predictable performance at any altitude, unlike a butane lighter, which is affected by both dampness and reduced oxygen at altitude. The spark of the Swedish FireSteel fire starter is bright enough to be used as an emergency signal. The striker and rod are tied together with a lanyard to prevent accidental separation and are compact enough to fit in a pocket.
The FireSteel Army is the FireSteel Scouts bigger brother, providing a massive 12,000 strikes at 3,000 degrees. That’s the kind of heat that makes fire lighting possible at any altitude, in any weather. The magnesium alloy is tough, durable and fit for purpose. Focused sparks light any fuel and when you need fire, you need reliability. It’s practical, compact, strong and a crucial part of any kit. Ergonomic design and a built-in whistle, nothing but the best.
|FireLightning Kit BIO||FireSteel Scout||FireSteel Army||FireFork BIO||FireGrill||Swedish FireKnife BIO|
|Size Firesteel Scout||77x25x15 mm||77x25x15 mm||-||-||-||-|
|Size Firesteel Army||-||-||94x26x17 mm||-||-||-|
|Size Firefork||103x47x19 mm||-||-||103x47x19 mm||-||-|
|Size Tinder on a rope||155x20x20 mm||-||-||-||-||-|
|Size Firegrill||-||-||-||-||165x160x25 mm||-|
|Weight||69 g, 45 g, 38 g||38 g||58 g||45 g||131 g||191 g|
|Length Visible Fire Rod||43 mm||43 mm||56 mm||-||-||41 mm|
|Size Fireknife||-||-||-||-||-||220x50x30 mm|
|Number of Products||3 pcs||1 pcs||1 pcs||2 pcs||1 pcs||1 pcs|
|Made in Sweden & BPA Free||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|