Top critical review
Good trousers but sadly not perfect
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 14 May 2020
My general approach to clothing is minimalist. I try to own only three pairs of trousers at one time, some Levi's, some combats (like these) and a smart pair for special occasions. So, the quality of what I own is very important to me. I thought these combats seemed quite expensive but I like to invest in quality items that will last, and generally the reviews were positive, so I thought I'd give these a try.
- Delivery was quick and the driver was efficient and friendly
- I quite like the pattern of small squares on the trousers, it gives them a little style and texture
- The material is lovely and comfortable
- The colour is true to the way it looks online
- The length of the trousers is perfect. I was worried about this after reading some of the reviews.
- The shape around the backside is very loose and the trousers do not sit on the waist, they fall down exposing your bottom (or boxer shorts!). This is not a size issue, the problem is with the shape of the garment. I discovered that there is label sewn into the garment which says 'loose' (see attached image) but it was not apparent to me on the product listing that these trousers are designed to fit loosely. While I understand some people find a loose fit fashionable, exposing your underwear to the world, I just find it really annoying and uncomfortable.
- The ties that should enable you to adjust the waist do not work, you can adjust them but they immediately come loose.
- The ties around the ankles just dangle on the floor and get in the way. They seem pointless.
- The pockets are quite shallow so not good for phones and wallets and keys
Considering the negatives, if it wasn't for the coronavirus situation I would probably return these. The main issue is the bad fit around the backside, which I find really frustrating. However, I think with a belt, I will be reasonably happy to keep them, as they are essentially a good pair of trousers. If they were clearly described as loose fitting this would have stopped me from buying them, and saved me the disappointment.