|Package Dimensions||13.6 x 12.9 x 4.4 cm; 275 Grams|
Hotop 4 Pairs V Bike Brake Pads with Hex Nuts and Spacers V Bicycle Brake Blocks Set 70 mm
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enhance your purchase
- Package includes: totally 4 pairs v brake pads (8 packs); Each piece of v brake pad comes with 1 piece hex nut and 5 pieces spacers
- Good design V bike brake pads: slightly curved design which does not hurt the wheel, and provide braking ability, effectively prevent diversion sand damage to wheel when braking
- Brake pad size: 70 mm/ 2.76 inch in length, 10 - 14 mm/ 0.39 - 0.55 inch in width and 38 mm/ 1.50 inch in height; Lightweight and portable, convenient for riding a long journey
- Good quality and performance: the brake pad is made of hard-wearing rubber and metal, the twill water-leaking tanks of v brake pad will help stop power of your bike in most adverse weather conditions
- International products have separate terms, are sold from abroad and may differ from local products, including fit, age ratings, and language of product, labeling or instructions.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 27 February 2021
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The pads are clearly marked with which side and orientation each should be fitted in. The supplied fittings appear to be of decent quality, and the convex washers allow for easy adjustment of the pad in all planes. They also come already installed on the pads in the correct order, so you just need to remove the nut, and the washers and spacers that go on the outside of the brake arm, slide the pad in from the inside, then refit the outer parts in the same order, and put the nut on. Nip the pad up so it's still free to move, push the arm against the wheel rim and position the pad squarely on the rim, then nip the nut up. I also had to to slacken the cable slightly at the cantilever end to allow for the extra thickness of the new pads, but this is not a big deal.
I did not need to set any toe-in as there is no squeal in use.
Fitting took about 10 minutes for both pairs, and the brakes feel strong and are very quiet. First ride today was in damp conditions, and water doesn't seem to bother them too much.
I'm sure professional riders will want something more exotic, but for a bike that gets used to cycle around town, and to do a morning paper round, these are a great set of pads. Longevity is still to be established, but at this price, and given the ease of fitting (and that a complete spare set is supplied as well), it's not a big deal.
I have bought cheap non branded brake blocks multiple times before and have always been happy with the product, however the pack of 8 blocks I was sent with this order are simply put terrible. It is also worth noting that the blocks I received were slightly different in appearance to those pictured, so either these brake pads have always been bad or they have become bad with changes in supply or production.
So from now on, I'll be buying reputable branded brake blocks (eg Clarks) only.
The Allen key that comes with them is certainly made of something very soft. You will need to use a steel one, and throw this one away.
I guess it's good value, but I can't be bothered to keep changing the brake pads every month, so I'm paying a bit more for pads that last longer these days.
Did have to check, but at least there were the same number of right and left blocks!