|Product Dimensions||36 x 14.2 x 5 cm; 952.54 Grams|
|Item model number||DT40106-US|
|Number Of Pieces||16|
|Handle material||Alloy Steel, Wood|
|Item Weight||953 g|
Hi-Spec 16 Piece Metal Hand & Needle File Tool Set Kit. Large & Fine Micro Steel Files. Flat, Half, Round & Triangle for Crafts, Metal & Wood Work. All in a Big Zipper Case
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enhance your purchase
|Metal type||Carbon Steel|
|Handle material||Alloy Steel, Wood|
|Item dimensions L x W x H||36 x 14.2 x 5 centimetres|
About this item
- FILES FOR BIG & SMALL JOBS: File, de-burr, shape, trim, and smooth metal, wood, and plastics. The Hi-Spec Carbon-Steel Hand & Needle File Tool Set has types and sizes for hobbies, model projects, woodworking, crafts, and DIY. Complete in a big zipper case
- 4 FULL-LENGTH SIZES: For general-purpose broad filing. Long 8in/200mm machinist’s files with chunky handles. A flat, a half-round and a triangle file, all three with a double-cut tooth pattern, and a round file with a single-cut pattern. Coarseness is from bastard to second-cut and are cut with teeth along the filing edges
- 12 NEEDLE FILES: For fine detail and delicate work. These smaller 4.25in/105mm needle files have shapes that include Square, Round, Flat, Joint, Slitting and Equalling with a double cut pattern and coarseness from smooth-cut to second-cut. NB. Some files intentionally have blank or unmilled edges and surfaces for safe precision filing
- STEELY-EYED HARDNESS: Made from heat-treated T12 and 82B Spring Steel High-Carbon steel alloys for high wear resistance and hardness with low ductility. A light touch of machine oil preserves their surface finish. The handles have a non-slip TPR rubberised coating with the large handles featuring a hole for wall hanging
- FILE PROTECTION: Don’t just dump the files into a toolbox or drawer. Protect the file’s teeth for the next job by keeping them in the large zipper case. Made of splash resistant Oxford cloth with a reinforced shell, it opens wide for easy access. Each tool fits snugly with elastic strap holds to prevent moving around
Customer ratings by feature
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
What's in the box?
Hi-Spec Metal Hand & Needle Files Set. Large & Fine Micro Steel Files. Flat, Half, Round & Triangle for Crafts, Metal & Wood Work. In a Zipper Case
FILES FOR BIG & SMALL JOBS
File, de-burr, shape, trim, and smooth metal, wood, plastics and more. The Hi-Spec Carbon-Steel Hand & Needle File Tool Set has the types and sizes for hobbies, model projects, craftwork, and DIY.
- 4 Full-Length Long Machinist Files with thick handles
- 12 Micro Needle files for fine detail and delicate work
FILE PROTECTION - Protect the file’s teeth for the next job by keeping them in the large zipper case
- Splash resistant Oxford cloth weave with a reinforced shell
- Snug elastic straps to prevent moving around
4 FULL-LENGTH MACHINIST'S FILES
All files in the set are made from heat-treated T12 and 82B Spring Steel High-Carbon steel alloys for high wear resistance and hardness with low ductility. An added light touch of machine oil preserves their surface finish.
- For general-purpose broad filing
- 8in/200mm long with chunky handles
- Coarseness is from bastard to second-cut
- For use on flat or simple curves to create a smooth and consistent surface.
- Cut with teeth along the filing edges
- Double-cut tooth pattern
12 MICRO NEEDLE FILES
All file handles in the set have a non-slip TPR rubberised coating, with the large handles featuring a hole for wall hanging, to provide maximum handling and precision.
- For fine detail and delicate work
- 4.25in/105mm long with Square, Round, Flat, Joint, Slitting and Equalling shapes
- Double cut pattern and coarseness from smooth-cut to second-cut
NB. Some files intentionally have blank or unmilled edges and surfaces for safe precision filing
Gets in to very tight spaces and protects surfaces against the flat side
Smooths out flat surfaces. Various end profiles allows you to get in to tight corners.
General purpose file for small flat and curved surfaces
Smooths out curved surfaces and irregular shapes
Files small, flat surfaces and gets in to tight corners
Squares off corners and small flat surfaces
Deburrs and enlarges small holes
|4 Piece Mallet & Wood Chisel Set||16 Piece Metal Hand & Needle File Tool Set||25 Piece Beginner Carpentry Wood Starter DIY Kit||8 Piece Spring, Ratchet & Bar Spreader Clamps||51 Piece 10W Mini Hot Glue Gun||5 Piece 2000W Electric Hot Air Heat Gun|
|Best Usage||Carving wood, carpentry, sculpting, furniture, crafts and woodwork||Metal, wood or plastic de-burring, trimming, smoothing and shaping||DIY building projects, carpentry, repair and maintenance||Hold work pieces, props and materials for repairing, fixing, gluing or positioning||Bonds, seals and glues for arts & crafts, decorating, fabric and repairs||Burn and Strip off paint, resins, vinyl flooring, body fillers. Scrap off adhesives, labels and stickers|
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Considering they must be placed manually in the storage wallet, that is pretty unforgivable. Rubbish QC. Returned immediately.
Only used to file down a plastic WC soil connector so can’t really comment on durability but feel weighty enough.