Enhance your purchase
Widely acknowledged as a true cult classic of modern American cinema, Heathers has captured the imaginations of troubled teenagers the world over with its acerbic satire of the sugar-coated high school movies of the 1980s...
At Westerburg High School, an elite clique of snobby girls known as Heathers reign supreme. Smart and popular, Veronica (Winona Ryder, Stranger Things) is a reluctant member of the gang and disapproves of the other girls' cruel behaviour. When Veronica and her mysterious new boyfriend, J.D. (Christian Slater, True Romance), play a trick on the clique leader, Heather Chandler (Kim Walker), and accidentally poison her, they make it appear a suicide. But it soon becomes clear to Veronica that J.D. is sociopath intent on vengefully killing the school s popular students. She races to stop J.D., clashing with the clique's new leader, Heather Duke (Shannen Doherty), and leading to an explosive final confrontation with her troubled former lover.
Directed by Michael Lehmann, Heathers pushed the teen comedy into dark and nightmarish territory and is distinguished by the career defining central performances of its stars Winona Ryder and Christian Slater. The film is presented here in an exclusive 30th Anniversary 4K restoration with a wealth of extra material, providing unprecedented insight into the making of this hilarious and shocking film.
- New restoration from a 4K scan of the original camera negative by Arrow Films
- Standard Definition presentation
- Original 1.0 mono and optional 5.1 Surround Sound audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary by director Michael Lehmann, producer Denise Di Novi and writer Daniel Waters
- Newly filmed interview with director Michael Lehmann
- A newly filmed appreciation by the writer, actor and comedian John Ross Bowie (The Big Bang Theory)
- Scott and Larry and Dan and Heathers, a new interview between screenwriting team Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski (Ed Wood, The People vs Larry Flint), and Heathers screenwriter Daniel Waters.
- Pizzicato Croquet, composer David Newman and director Michael Lehmann discuss the music of Heathers
- How Very: The Art and Design of Heathers, production designer Jon Hutman, art director Kara Lindstrom and director Michael Lehmann discuss the look of Heathers
- Casting Westerberg High, casting director Julie Selzer discusses the casting process for Heathers
- Poor Little Heather, a new interview with actress Lisanne Falk
- Scott and Larry and Dan and Heathers, a new interview between screenwriting team Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski (Ed Wood, The People vs Larry Flynt), and Heathers screenwriter Daniel Waters.
- The Beaver Gets a Boner, Michael Lehmann s long sought after student film from 1985 made at the USC School of Cinematic Arts
- Return to Westerberg High, an archival featurette providing further insight into the film s production
- Original trailers
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Robert Sammelin
- Aspect Ratio : Unknown
- Package Dimensions : 18.03 x 13.76 x 1.48 cm; 83 Grams
- Director : Michael Lehmann
- Media Format : PAL
- Release date : 10 Sept. 2018
- Actors : Winona Ryder, Christian Slater, Shannen Doherty
- Language : English (Dolby Digital 5.1)
- Studio : Arrow Video
- ASIN : B07DXZ1PLP
- Number of discs : 1
- Customer reviews:
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Tells a tale of a high school ruled by a clique, the 'Heathers', where image is everything.
Murder, swears and action.
I'd describe it as a dark movie, and not a typical teen movie, but it really is a good flick and rumbles up a few laughs and provokes a few thoughts, with the running theme of teen suicide.