- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Columbia Men's Newton Ridge Plus II Waterproof Hiking Boot features our lightweight, durable midsole for long lasting comfort, superior cushioning, and high energy return as well as an advanced traction rubber sole for slip-free movement on rough ground.
- HANDY FEATURES: Treacherous days out on the trail are comfortable and worry-free with this boot's waterproof full-grain leather and mesh bootie construction and its durable mesh tongue for breathability.
- Outer Material: Leather
- Inner Material: Unlined
- Sole: Rubber
- Closure: Lace-Up
- Heel Height: 1 centimetres
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 30.48 x 10.16 x 20.32 cm; 453.59 Grams
- Date First Available : 9 Jan. 2016
- Manufacturer : Columbia
- ASIN : B00KWK8MA8
- Item model number : 1594731
- Department : Men's
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,820 in Shoes & Bags (See Top 100 in Shoes & Bags)
- Customer reviews:
A breathable and waterproof combination of coated leather, suede and mesh is enhanced by the seam-sealed bootie in this Columbia hiker. Lightweight midsole offers shock absorbency and cushioning whilst traction rubber outsole will provide for a safe and secure grip on all manners of surfaces
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
But, I noted what others had said about going up a size. I am usually a 10 or 10 1/2 depending what make they are. So ordered an 11 to be safe. A 10 1/2 would have been fine. Not a huge issue as I wear thick socks for dog walking anyway.
One thing that does annoy me (think someone else mentioned it?), are the laces. They have way too much stretch in them to get them done up tight all the way up. Pull them tight across the top of the foot and they release when you move to the next ringlet. Annoying, as will have to get new laces.
I'm a size 6 and ordered the 6.5 they fit perfectly, I have had these boots for three weeks now and they have been out in the rain, snow and up to the ankles in mud and to date they have been warm and waterproof.
I have been through three pairs of good make boots in 8 months that have either split, been excruciatingly painful or the sole has been so flimsy you can feel every stone.
I have been very impressed with these boots , I know everyone if different but I would recommend you give them a try.
First the good points: they are very comfortable and lightweight. They are a delight to wear - you hardly know they are on your feet. Quite wide fitting too - which helps with my bunion !
Now the bad points: the leather is quite thin and in cold, snowy conditions they aren't that good at keeping your feet warm. But the worst issue is the quality of the 'rubber' sole - it is very soft and since I am flat-footed the heel is wearing far too quickly. I can't imagine they will last anywhere as long as a pair of 'proper' walking boots