|Price:|| £27.19 £214.79
Free Returns on some sizes and colours
|Brand size||UK||EU||US||Heel to toe|
- Outer Material: Ethylene Vinyl Acetate
- Sole: Ethylene Vinyl Acetate
- Closure: Slip On, Buckle
- Heel Type: low-heel
- Shoe Width: N womens_us
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 12.7 x 12.7 x 12.7 cm; 4.54 Grams
- Date First Available : 23 May 2017
- Manufacturer : Birkenstock
- ASIN : B0728HRKTF
- Item model number : 129443
- Department : Women's
- Best Sellers Rank: 29,732 in Shoes & Bags (See Top 100 in Shoes & Bags)
- 1,261 in Women's Fashion Sandals
- Customer reviews:
An ultra-lightweight pair of Birkenstock sandals, crafted in monochrome EVA.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I needed a pair of Birkos I could wear outside when it was drizzling, or take on the occasional road trip. These were my choice, and here's why:
(1) My pair (size EU42/UK8) weighs just 241 grams! You won't notice that in a suitcase.
(2) They seem to be as well built as the standard product, although as the material (including buckles) is plastic I doubt they will last for many years. Depends on how frequently you use them, of course.
(3) They have the usual Birkenstock supportive/shaped footbed, so you can win the poolside sprint next vacation, throw your towel over the best lounger, and give the Germans a surprise :-)
(4) If you are worried about standing on a spiny sea creature at the seaside, these may be worth considering - although that's not my area of expertise.
Negatives? Well, they are likely to get clammy because the EVA* does not breathe. Just as well, actually, as otherwise they would not be waterproof! If you can live with that, they are 5 stars.
Birkenstock sizing - solved!
Here is a link to what appears to be the Birkenstock UK website page about sizing. All Birkos come in two widths (narrow and standard) and one range of EU sizes. Just choose the width and EU size that are right for you and your gender. As Birkenstock puts it on the website: "In the UK men and women's sizing is different, while European sizes are unisex." All made clear on the website, with charts!
In case Amazon deletes the above URL, here it is in a different format. To use, replace [dot] with . and delete all spaces:
www [dot] birkenstock [dot] co [dot] uk /Article /View /articleCode /Sizing/
*EVA? It's a plastic - very interesting article about it on Wikipedia if you're interested. Here's part of the Wikipedia article: "The material has good clarity and gloss, low-temperature toughness, stress-crack resistance, hot-melt adhesive waterproof properties, and resistance to UV radiation." Sounds perfect for summer. Apparently it is also used as a cold flow improver for diesel fuel. Funny stuff.
By bumble bee on 10 July 2020
By Michaela on 26 July 2018
By Emily on 9 July 2015